Saturday, March 27, 2010

Two poems :0 fresh and unedited

God is Green

That pew felt right-
comfortable-
the harsh, upright wood resisted
my disjointed curved back-
but that's right.
-reminiscent of an ugly orange
that was splattered against other pews-
other lectures-
I remember little me-
the tiny cabin that's been so cleverly tucked
behind a playground-
the street that grew narrow, curved and died-
and the dirt and world that met its end-
Shel Silverstein understood this-
then there were the steps and the largest clovers
I've ever seen-as though they took a bread
and grew into a Wonderland
-people move seamlessly here,
as a royal fabric-deep byzantium-
and voices trickle in-
skipping, dancing, bouncing-
off walls, each other, seamlessly.
If we are created in the image of a Creator,
Then I at least find myself in the element when creating
-and ants crawl over me as my body stills
like one stream of color in a plaid storybook-
other ants have tracked my pensivity...
and verde! Verily, veriteserum-
green is life and life is unable to lie-
verde, truth, God



Words

They were the red pencil sketch on my calf-
the leaking ink-the Hancock on the signature line
the individual pixels-
the primary colors-secondary-tertiary-
the fairy in a bottle-the antidote in a syringe-
(or a poison)-a leaf: grow-burst-fade-fall-decay
a lightning bug: sparking-moving-shadowing-ghost
a lum: find it-absorb it-catch 'em all-sideline some
It's faith that they mean what they mean-
that they cannot be stripped of their identity-
that it's more than a formulated glob of lines, sound-waves-
that we don't make it what it is, they what they are-
It's faith that we can let go and not know.

1 comment:

  1. Like the poems, and the picture at the top! You are definitely in your element creating!

    ReplyDelete