Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Look what I found:

once upon a time
i told the world to make up its mind
i was confused by its lies
i was tired of having to hide
i hid the blade under my bed
i hid the food in the garbage
i hid the matches in my drawer
i hid my Bible out of my sight
i hid my family behind my bedroom door
then i locked everything
i was set for an ending
didn’t expect a beginning

I was going through my writing to find the good stuff to take to this Californian writing conference. Then I stumbled upon this!

Can't for the life of me tell you when I wrote it. But it is just fascinating to see where I've come from that point.

This had to be written sometime my senior year... when all of that was still poignantly fresh.

Anyways. It's funny how many beginnings we get in life. I think I'm in one right now.
:)

Peace up and out,
Amanda MfreakingE

3 comments:

  1. You are FREE in Christ and He is making something beautiful out of you! I want to put this courage in you, that He who began a good work in you will keep at it till the very end. I was so touched, amazed and blessed by your prayer wall. You blessed so many people by thinking specifically of each one, writing it down, and praying for us all. That was so sweet! Thank you and bless you! I'm proud of you :)

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is really good. It actually made me cry a little. That's not easy to do.

    ...you better not tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've come pretty far... love your poems... keep writing, cool girl :)

    ReplyDelete