Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nibs

I'm a retractable pen that's been clicked in,
but got stuck-a nib that can only just see the paper,
I wonder if Jesus walked the entire 40 days
If he slept, how'd he sleep, was it sandy?
Forty, it rhymes with authority-
and thank God I survived the teen years,
to come out without anarchist beliefs.
My synapses snap to the beat of ADHD
It's another round of temptation vs. self-control
Pretending to be OCD to dictate all but myself
In psych they said “Don't think of a purple elephant!”
I thought of a polka-dotted platypus-
too bad that doesn't play out here
Satan tries his reverse psychology on me
And it works-of course-I'm the freak in the classroom
and the accidental caterer to sin.
Focus, focus (throws Jesus around in the head)
But I was never that good at catching
But then, that's grace-Jesus catches for me.

2 comments:

  1. okay, so I totally was reading this like "huh?" then I got to the end... I think I'm in love...with this... not with you... in case that needed clearing up... ~Tamarae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this! Like Tamarae, I was confused at first and then... love it!

    ReplyDelete