Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pink and White

I remember a soft pink glow-
the overcompensation of a tomboy,
The proper white ceiling and trim and bookcase,
The checkerboard bedspread and hospital corners.

White and Pink

Not Barbie pink-
Pink like a bold floral arrangement
that's leaked, faded, dried-
on these walls.

Pink and White

The closet-white-
the cover-up of a sinful child
painting angelic flavor
and hiding under sheets.



I'm just going to leave this one as is.

Lo es que lo es!

Sorry I've been gone so long. Spring break was exhausting (if not encouraging and amazing). I have been feeling pretty drained, but I'm getting there.
In other news, I have an 8am class. Every morning, I wake up wondering why I thought I had gained super-wake-up powers this quarter.

Anyway. I'm going to study some Ephesians and sleep. Buenos noches!

Peace o pax,
Amanda

ps. Can you tell that I'm taking Spanish classes again?

1 comment:

  1. I remember Barbie pink as well. And before that, a little girl, who when I took her shopping for clothes and suggested anything but pink, would look at me like I was crazy and say, "But it's not pink!" And before that I remember thinking you were perfect the first time I saw you. And I saw you first, so I know these things. I love your beautiful pink heart.

    ReplyDelete