Monday, November 23, 2009

I feel compelled to write...

I'm listening to Owl City. Adam Young makes me want to write and write...
His music makes my heart want to sing along
(Which, coincidentally, a doctor has told me my heart is known to hum.. It's getting there)

Ever feel like an anomaly?
I do, a lot.
I feel like I'm just very strange and out of place
Or like I was meant to be the wind, and not a human being
Or maybe a bird
But, then I have thoughts, and remember why I'm human.
Which is cool, although I would like to fly

Doctors are very obscure about me
Apparently I don't do a lot of things right?
Like blinking,
I don't close my eyes all the way apparently
I CAN, I just don't
Which makes sense, I hate missing out on things

And then breathing
My heart rate is "abnormal" (?)
Because I don't breathe right
How I fix this is a mystery
I don't recall learning how to breathe...?
(or blink for that matter)

So.
Don't know if that makes me a medical anomaly
But it is definitely strange

Does anyone else use parentheses rather frequently?
Whenever I have an afterthought, I feel like it needs parentheses
Because that way it reads like I'm thinking

I'm just thinking

I like to watch people's faces when I walk
It's funny to think that there's a whole universe in that face

And bookstores?
Don't you love bookstores?
But not new ones. That's kind of pointless (in some ways)
But the old ones.. Where you can only find one of each book
Each book is its own distinguished person, with its own distinct smell
It's so comforting... Like being in an old person's home
It feels safe

Actually, there's this bookstore across the street from me. It's tiny, and could be lost, but I found it
Every time I'm in there, I feel like Sebastian in the NeverEnding Story. Hiding, because no one would come into an old bookstore.

I found Keats, Milton, and the brothers Grimm last time I visited
We are all going to have coffee sometime

Well, I'm done thinking, ready for sleeping

Ciao !

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I thought after reading this entry:

    There will be a mature man after God's own heart badass man's man artistic musical sexy man after God's own heart (and this is only one man) that will read your blog and immediately know what he must do: unrelentingly show you his grace-filled servant's heart as he passionately pursues you until you say yes and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! I love you ^_^
    and thank-you!
    Wouldn't that be the most fantastical dream come alive?

    ReplyDelete