Friday, January 29, 2010

The child united

Peace feels frothy, and I would know,

Like marshmallows disintegrating in chocolate

The snow can drip from my hair, but I am safe

Locked in this blanket; my mind tucked in a book


Peace is water, and I would know

Suspension in the cool body of molecules

Catching me, flowing around me, I am safe

Floating in a pool of ethereal; my mind muted by pressure


Peace is stillness, and I would know,

I used to be one with the entire world

and I knew the secrets, I listened

To the wind, the trees, that creek in my yard


Peace is the dance, and I would know

My spirit and I waltzed our way to Europe

And at a hidden wishing well, I spilled

My silent prayer to ripple the water


Peace feels smoky, and I would know,

Like the Orient and Tolkien dancing in dad's pipe

The distant thunder in his voice, and I am safe

Locked in his arms; my mind tucked asleep

2 comments:

  1. That is so good it's hard to come up with words to express. "mind tucked in a book" - love it!

    ReplyDelete