Monday, December 7, 2009

A miniscule issue

I'll have a milkshake, swirled
With life and love, hurled
All over the conversation
Ended up at the gas station
Blind myself in the red tail lights
The faster I drive, the farther the fights
Balancing a heart and a mind, it's tricky
Trying to deal with people, sticky
The way two people can fall for
Each other, and then somehow ignore
The pain, the anger of the other
The spirit, the love that now smothers
We're choking, we're struggling, gasping
The blanket turned pillow, and we're grasping
For each other, for some oxygen
The finish-him bell sounds, but then
We're holding tighter, running farther
Coexisting without growing stronger
And then it's all of a sudden,
For me, though not for you, and then
You're on the other side of the door
But, I'm inside sorting through the gore
Throw things around, like my heart
Turn around, grab my keys, try to start
Up the car, up my life, up my...
soul.

1 comment: