Monday, February 8, 2010

Apparently, Glue

So, I've been freaking out. I have no idea where my song book is. I am nothing without this book. I am desperate to find it again. There is stuff in there that is private and sacred...

The most important thing is this song. Mikey, Matt and I wrote it for our parents on their 22nd anniversary. I thought it died with the book.. but I was smart and had backed it up on the computer :) Go me

Apparently, Glue

You pulsed through this heart of stone
You are the marrow to my bones

You blanketed this heart uncovered
You are the chocolate to my peanut butter

Refrain
Together we answered words unspent
Together, we are the perfect complement

You gave me the breath for words unsung
You are the air to my lungs

You were there to carry me
You are the moon to my sea

Refrain

Chorus
I didn't sign up for this
Thought we said for better
Thought we said in health
Not everybody knows
What it is to be stuck at go
I didn't sign up for this
But if we're both here
Then, I guess, we'll stick

You completed the love story I sought
You are the imagination to my thoughts

You danced with me, held me tight
You are the rock to my might

Refrain

You are the melody that gave me a start
You are the beat to my heart

You are the lens that clears the hazy
You are the truth in my crazy

Refrain
Chorus
But I guess, we'll stick
Yes, I'd like to stick
So, let's just stick.

It's very much a "Anyone Else but You" song. Totally the same vibe and everything. It's a duet and it is a little bit cheesy. Or a lot. Thing is, we asked them both to define their relationship in unique terms to them... This is what we got

Love you mom and dad :) Props for stickin!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, we love our song :)
    Thanks for that. We have the sweetest kids in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said the thing about peanut butter and chocolate?
    I love it, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our song!

    but i'd hit the dislike button that you haven't blogged about me finding your missing song book if you had a dislike button. how about a little recognition, not to mention it is a cruel cliffhanger you left all your readers on, thinking it remains missing, when your loving mai mai tracked said song book down for ya. (i'm out of breath)

    btw, hey word weaver, any peanut butter references would be yours truly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete