Sunday, February 8, 2009

Holes

There used to be a heart there
Used to feel a beat, a throbbing
but that spot has become nowhere
the heart become nothing

I keep blinking, but you aren't here
i feel like i'm dreaming
I open my eyes, but you don't appear
but i really feel like i'm dreaming...

reality won't really sink in right now
i keep pleading with God to let me believe
it seems we've reached the end somehow
but i still just can't believe...

why does there always have to be a goodbye?
for once i thought i might see a forever...
everything loves to fall apart on me
even this rhyme.

i keep reaching inside to feel something
and cry when i feel the emptiness
there's a hole there
there used to be a heart...

4 comments:

  1. there still is a heart there. a WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL heart.
    no matter how many times people fail you...just take hope in the fact that God never will :)
    love you little big sister
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh
    thankyou matt, just what i needed to hear :)
    love you too big little brother
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry there was another good-bye to break my baby girls heart. Check out Rebecca St. James Cradle Lullaby--methinks you'll like it especially right now. It really is a beautiful song that sings the same tune Matt's comment did. I expect I will hear you going around singing it, and actually I can't wait for that, since when you sing it soothes my own soul like King Saul's was soothed by David when he played for him.

    I also want to say that I really dig the lines: everything loves to fall apart on me...even this rhyme. They're tragically delicious. (I just sang that in my head like the lucky charms commercial, sorry about that.)

    Anyway, you everluvin' minimum loves you gobs and gobs, and will never EVER stop!!! Notice the three exclamation marks and I think you will feel quite loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Manda... Sorry that you had to say good-bye. But God's just getting you ready to say hello to something better.
    You're in the arms of an angel.

    ReplyDelete